A half-day workshop during the afternoon of Wednesday, June 19, 2019, will focus on student training and mentoring. We encourage all trainees to attend this free workshop.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
|12:00noon–12:55pm||Lunch: Welcome and Keynote|
|1:00–1:50pm||Session 1 (one program)|
|2:00–2:50pm||Session 2 (two programs in parallel)|
|2:50–3:00pm||Break (coffee, snacks)|
|3:10–4:00pm||Session 3 (two programs in parallel)|
|4:10–5:00pm||Session 4 (two programs)|
|5:10–6:00pm||Informal trainee networking, socializing|
Session topics include:
- Keynote: What is behavioral neuroendocrinology and where is the field headed?
- Teaching and active learning in behavioral neuroendocrinology
- SBN science that impacts society: Jumping into the public conversation
- Effective strategies for communicating science
- Publishing: When, where, and how to publish and review
- Primarily undergrad institutions: What to expect and what is expected
- What’s next? Alternatives to academic jobs
- How to find the right scientific mentor